YOUNG TALENTS AND MORE THAN 30 PROJECTS WILL BE PRESENTED AT NEM ZAGREB 2022
NEM Zagreb 2022 officially announced the finalists of the competition for the best screenplay writing and revealed what to expect from the central part of the program
NEM Zagreb 2022, an event focused on the development of the TV industry in Central and Eastern Europe, has announced the finalists of the TV Writing Contest. Among more than 50 submitted works, the expert jury selected the three best entries from the scripted and unscripted categories. The jury is composed of renowned production companies Beta Film, Rai, Zig Zag Productions, Script Angel, Nova TV, Telekom Srbija, Joyrider, RTV Slovenia and CineLink Industry Days, the creative branch of the Sarajevo Film Festival, and Krisztina Gallo and Danna Stern participated in the selection as independent members of the jury.
Finalists from the scripted category:
- Milena Džambasović and Matija Dragojević (Srbija) – period drama “Wool”
- Katarina Belić (Srbija) – comedy/dramedy “The missing life manual”
- Agne Serpytyte (Njemačka) – action drama “The NFT Hunt”
Finalists from unscripted category:
- Matej Merlić (Hrvatska) i Agne Serpytyte (Njemačka) - game show “The Astronaut Experience“
- Laura Pribanić (Hrvatska) - docu-series “Projekt Rast(anak)”
- Hrvoje Osvadić i Jasna Nanut (Hrvatska) - game show “The Dream Pension”
The finalists will present their projects during the first day of the NEM Zagreb 2022 event, on the stage of the central Panel Room in front of the jury and the gathered audience. The announcement of the winners from both categories and the awarding of prizes will take place on the last day as the grand finale of the event.
More than 30 projects and 16 speakers for 160 minutes
The central part of the program, Content Showcase, is an opportunity to see the original contents of creative production companies from the region and Europe. During the two-hour program, 16 speakers will present as many as 30 projects:
- Firefly Productions will exclusively present international projects
- Joomboos will present projects in development and reveal what's next in their creative workshop after the extremely popular teen series "Outsiders" and "Tea's Diaries"
- Viaplay Group will present original Viaplay Select content, exclusively available in the region from December 1st through the streaming service Pickbox NOW
- RTV Slovenia will present its acclaimed crime TV series that delighted the audience and critics and announce upcoming seasons
- CineLink Drama will present three drama series in development, from Southeast Europe
- BH Telecom will present an entire slate of upcoming series, thus confirming its new role in the production of drama series
Promoting the development of creativity and the TV industry in the region
Under the slogan All about content creation, NEM Zagreb will be held from December 7 to 9 at the Esplanade Zagreb Hotel, and will bring together successful producers, screenwriters, production companies and representatives of FTA television, pay TV channels, streamers, and other content creators. The event is focused on the CEE region and countries with lower capacity for production within the region, with the aim of connecting audiovisual professionals and key decision makers from Europe. A rich program of panels, Q&A interviews, presentations, successful examples of business practice, speakers and other special events was recently announced.